3700 Flanged Ball Valve
Model 3700 features an NSF / ANSI 61 and NSF/ANSI 372 certified cast iron body and the same PFA* fused ball as the 4000 series. It inhibits buildup that accumulates on unprotected ball surfaces and prevents premature valve failure. The same ANSI B16.10 end-to-end dimensions as flanged gate and plug valves makes this one an easy decision.
Model 3700 is ideally suited for backflow prevention devices and potable water applications. All model 3700 valves are rated 200W at 200°F, and are available in full port from sizes 2” through 8”. With no disc or obstruction in the line, model 3700 easily out-performs any butterfly valve.
- Sizes: 2", 2 1/2", 3", 4", 6", 8"
- Ratings: 200 PSI W, 200°F
- Body: Cast Iron/A126 Class B
- Ball: PFA Fused Ball
- Stem: Blow-Out Proof Stem
- PFA*- Fused Solid Ball: The 4000 and 3700 Series feature a PFA* fused ball that is more durable, less susceptible to accumulating build-up and longer lasting than an ordinary unprotected ball. With the help of Dupont, we developed a process to impregnate PFA* .008” into a solid metal ball. An additional .004” is added electrostatically for smoothness. Since the PFA* becomes part of the metal, it can’t flake, chip, or peel off. The corrosion and chemical resistance of PFA* has been recognized around the world. With the introduction of this valve we present an affordable (same price as most gate valves) ball valve that will outlast any unprotected metal valve in any use. The lubricity of our PFA* ball allows for lower torque ratings in any application, making it easier to turn. *PFA is an ingredient commonly branded as Teflon®.
- Tapped & plugged boss allows for venting downstream, or test port for backflow preventer
- Full Port in All Sizes
- Rated 200W @ 200ºF
- Class VI Positive Shutoff
- 100% Lead-Free
- Low Torque
- Ideal for Liquid, Air, and Backflow applications
- Blowout Proof Stem
- Meets all State and Federal Lead-Free Laws
- Body: Cast Iron/A126 Class B
- Body Gasket: Nitrile Rubber (Buna-N)
- Body Plug: Steel - 1/2-14 NPT
- Body Cap: Cast Iron/A126 Class B
- Ball: Cast Iron/PFA Fused
- Stem: Stainless Steel
- Stop Plate: Steel
- Handle: Steel
- Handle Grip: Vinyl Dipped Plastisol
- Sleeve: Stainless Steel
- Stem O-Ring: Nitrile Rubber (Buna-N)
- Shoulder Screw: Steel
- Stem Bolt/Washer: Steel
- Seat Ring: Virgin PTFE
- Back Seat O-Ring: Nitrile Rubber (Buna-N)
- Socket Head Screw: Steel
- Collar: Stainless Steel
- Thrust Washer: PTFE
- Port: Full Port
- Certifications: NSF/ANSI 372, NSF/ANSI 61
- Compliant to: ANSI B16.1, ANSI B16.10
AMERICAN VALVE STATEMENT OF WARRANTY & LIMITATION OF WARRANTY
American Valve warrants, to its initial purchaser only, that its products which are delivered to this initial purchaser will be the kind described in the order of price list and will be free of defects in workmanship or material for a period of one year from the date of delivery to the initial purchaser.
Should any failure to conform to this warranty appear within one year after the date of the initial delivery to our initial purchaser, American Valve will, upon written notification thereof and substantiation that the goods have been stored, installed, maintained and operated in accordance with American Valve’s recommendation and standard industry practice, correct such defects by suitable repair or replacement at American Valve’s own expense. If any product alleged to be defective, is returned to our factory at Greensboro, NC, it will be examined and, if found to be defective under the warranty, it will be replaced at no charge.
Need more information?
While our website includes an up-to-date collection of our plumbing product catalogs, our team can provide additional information about our products and their availability, pricing, and installation. If you have a question about any of our products, head to our Contact page to fill out an online contact form.