4000D Flanged Ball Valve
Replaces Carbon Steel Ball Valves, Gate Valves, and Eccentric Plug Valves. With 80,000 psi tensile strength, it’s stronger than steel. Ductile Iron easily out-performs Carbon Steel in water applications. With dramatically lower torque, and the corrosion-resistance of PFA fused .008” into the solid stainless steel ball, you’ll understand why thousands of valve buyers have switched to the 4000D.
- Sizes: 2", 2 1/2", 3", 4", 6", 8", 10"
- Ratings: 150 PSI WSP, 300 PSI WOG, 366° F
- Body: Ductile Iron/A536 65-45-12
- Ball: PFA Fused Ball
- Stem: Blow-out Proof Stem
- A536 Grade 65-45-12 Ductile Iron Body
- PFA*- Fused Solid Ball: The 4000 and 3700 Series feature a PFA* fused ball that is more durable, less succeptible to accumulating buildup and longer lasting than an ordinary unprotected ball. With the help of Dupont, we developed a process to impregnate PFA* .008” into a solid metal ball. An additional .004” is added electrostatically for smoothness. Since the PFA becomes part of the metal, it can’t flake, chip, or peel off. The corrosion and chemical resistance of PFA has been recognized around the world. With the introduction of this valve we present an affordable (same price as most gate valves) ball valve that will outlast any unprotected metal valve in any application. The lubricity of our PFA ball allows for lower torque ratings in any application, making it easier to turn and require a smaller, less expensive actuator. We offer a complete line of actuators, gear operators and operating nuts for the 4000 series. Our unique PFA fused ball and lower operating torques make the 4000 series an effective alternative to cast iron gates, carbon steel ball valves and plug valves. The four-bolt actuator mounting pad is ideal for applications requiring automation. *PFA is an ingredient commonly branded as Teflon®.
- Blow-out Proof Stainless Steel Stem
- Reinforced PTFE Seats
- Face to Face and Flanged Dimensions conform to ANSI Standard B16.10 which exactly match end to end dimensions of carbon steel ball valves, ductile iron gate valves, and plug valves
- Lockable in Full Open or Closed Positions
- Mounting Pad for Easy Actuation
- Adjustable Length/Removable Handles to fit into areas of limited space
- Full Port through 6”
- Certified to meet the requirements of NSF/ANSI 61 and NSF/ANSI 372
- This Ductile Iron Ball Valve has been engineered to replace any plug valve, carbon steel ball valve, or gate valve.
- Body: Ductile Iron/A536 65-45-12
- Body Stud: Carbon Steel
- Body Gasket: PTFE
- Body Nut: Carbon Steel
- Body Cap: Ductile Iron/A536 65-45-12
- Ball: Stainless Steel/PFA Fused
- Stem: Stainless Steel
- Gland Plate: Steel
- Gland Stud: Carbon Steel
- Handle: Steel
- Handle Bracket: Ductile Iron/A536 65-45-12
- Handle Bracket Bolt: Carbon Steel
- Handle Bracket Spacer: Stainless Steel
- Handle Grip: Vinyl Rubber Foam
- Packing: PTFE (Chevron design)
- Packing Follower: Stainless Steel
- Stem Stud: Carbon Steel
- Stem Indicator: Steel
- Stem Bolt/Washer: Steel
- Seat Ring: RPTFE 15% GF
- Back Seat O-Ring: PTFE
- Port: (2”-6”) Full Port
- Certifications: NSF/ANSI 372, NSF/ANSI 61
- Compliant to: MSS SP-72, ANSI B16.5 Raised Face, FED. SPEC. WW-V-35, AWWA C507-99 Proof of Design Test
AMERICAN VALVE STATEMENT OF WARRANTY & LIMITATION OF WARRANTY
American Valve warrants, to its initial purchaser only, that its products which are delivered to this initial purchaser will be the kind described in the order of price list and will be free of defects in workmanship or material for a period of one year from the date of delivery to the initial purchaser.
Should any failure to conform to this warranty appear within one year after the date of the initial delivery to our initial purchaser, American Valve will, upon written notification thereof and substantiation that the goods have been stored, installed, maintained and operated in accordance with American Valve’s recommendation and standard industry practice, correct such defects by suitable repair or replacement at American Valve’s own expense. If any product alleged to be defective, is returned to our factory at Greensboro, NC, it will be examined and, if found to be defective under the warranty, it will be replaced at no charge.
Need more information?
While our website includes an up-to-date collection of our plumbing product catalogs, our team can provide additional information about our products and their availability, pricing, and installation. If you have a question about any of our products, head to our Contact page to fill out an online contact form.