4001 Flanged Ball Valve
Investment cast 316 Stainless Steel with all Stainless Steel top works–Even the handle. Other 4001 features such as full port, low torque, and the corrosion-resistance of our PFA* fused stainless steel ball make this valve a winner.
- Ball: PFA Fused Ball
- Body: ASTM A351-CF8M
- Ratings: 150 PSI WSP, 300 PSI WOG, 366° F
- Sizes: 1 1/2", 2", 2 1/2", 3", 4", 6"
- Stem: Blow-out Proof Stem
- Cast 316 Stainless Steel (CF8M)
- PFA*- Fused Solid Ball: The 4000 and 3700 Series feature a PFA* fused ball that is more durable, less succeptible to accumulating buildup and longer lasting than an ordinary unprotected ball. With the help of Dupont, we developed a process to impregnate PFA* .008” into a solid metal ball. An additional .004” is added electrostatically for smoothness. Since the PFA becomes part of the metal, it can’t flake, chip, or peel off. The corrosion and chemical resistance of PFA has been recognized around the world. With the introduction of this valve we present an affordable (same price as most gate valves) ball valve that will outlast any unprotected metal valve in any application. The lubricity of our PFA ball allows for lower torque ratings in any application, making it easier to turn and require a smaller, less expensive actuator. We offer a complete line of actuators, gear operators and operating nuts for the 4000 series. Our unique PFA fused ball and lower operating torques make the 4000 series an effective alternative to cast iron gates, carbon steel ball valves and plug valves. The four-bolt actuator mounting pad is ideal for applications requiring automation. *PFA is an ingredient commonly branded as Teflon®.
- Blow-out Proof Stainless Steel Stem
- Reinforced PTFE Seats
- Full Opening for Unrestricted Flow
- Lockable in Full Open or Closed Positions
- API 607 Fire Safe Design
- Mounting Pad for Easy Actuation
- Adjustable Length/Removable Handles to fit into areas of limited space
- Certified to meet the requirements of NSF/ANSI 61 and NSF/ANSI 372
- This patented Stainless Steel Ball Valve with PFA* fused ball has been Engineered to more effectively resist corrosion and prolong valve life.
- Body: ASTM A351-CF8M
- Body Stud: ASTM A193-B8
- Body Gasket: PTFE
- Body Nut: ASTM A193-B8
- Body Cap: ASTM A351-CF8M
- Ball: ASTM A351-CF8M/PFA Fused
- Stem: AISI 316
- Gland Plate: AISI 304
- Gland Stud: ASTM A193-B8
- Handle: ASTM A312 Schd 40 GR 304
- Handle Bracket: ASTM A351 CF8
- Handle Bracket Bolt: ASTM A193-B8
- Handle Bracket Spacer: AISI304
- Handle Grip: Vinyl Rubber Foam
- Packing: PTFE (Chevron design)
- Packing Follower: ASTM A276-316
- Stem Stud: ASTM A193-B8
- Stem Indicator: AISI 304
- Stem Bolt/Washer: AISI 304
- Seat Ring: RPTFE 15% GF
- Back Seat O-Ring: PTFE
- Port: Full Port
- Certifications: NSF/ANSI 372, NSF/ANSI 61
- Compliant to: MSS SP-72, ANSI B16.5 Raised Face, FED. SPEC. WW-V-35, AWWA C507-99 Proof of Design Test
AMERICAN VALVE STATEMENT OF WARRANTY & LIMITATION OF WARRANTY
American Valve warrants, to its initial purchaser only, that its products which are delivered to this initial purchaser will be the kind described in the order of price list and will be free of defects in workmanship or material for a period of one year from the date of delivery to the initial purchaser.
Should any failure to conform to this warranty appear within one year after the date of the initial delivery to our initial purchaser, American Valve will, upon written notification thereof and substantiation that the goods have been stored, installed, maintained and operated in accordance with American Valve’s recommendation and standard industry practice, correct such defects by suitable repair or replacement at American Valve’s own expense. If any product alleged to be defective, is returned to our factory at Greensboro, NC, it will be examined and, if found to be defective under the warranty, it will be replaced at no charge.
Need more information?
While our website includes an up-to-date collection of our plumbing product catalogs, our team can provide additional information about our products and their availability, pricing, and installation. If you have a question about any of our products, head to our Contact page to fill out an online contact form.