Sales Development Representatives are responsible for qualifying leads at the initial stages in the sales funnel. They research potential clients, connect with and educate prospects and qualify leads before referring opportunities to Sales Representatives & Application Consultants.
SDR candidates must have strong interpersonal and communication skills across a variety of channels (email, social media, phone, etc.). As front line representatives, SDRs often create the first impression prospects have with American Valve, so they must possess skills to make a lasting impact on potential customers.
- Respond, engage and qualify inbound leads and inquiries
- Engage current users to expand awareness, educate, ask for referrals, identify new opportunities and develop account intelligence
- Effectively partner and work across the PVF/Plumbing Distribution and Retail teams
- Work closely with outside sales reps to develop account intelligence, relationship maps, and use case opportunities through direct account engagement and insight tools
- Schedule appointments and demos for Sales and Application Consultants
- Hold intelligent and engaging conversations over the phone and email
- Act as the subject matter expert on PVF product offerings/solution development skills
- Proven business development success through effective use of core sales tools: CRM, Epicor Eclipse, LinkedIn, Google Apps, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a distributed sales team
- Capability of understanding customer pain points, requirements and correlating potential business to value that can be provided by American Valve
- Strong and professional communication skills -- written, verbal, presentation
- Aptitude to manage numerous requests and time demands concurrently, while achieving production goals from assigned territory or set of accounts
- Promotes a strong sense of urgency for reaching goals and key deliverables.
- Drive, Grit, Team Oriented: strong desire to compete and win
- BA/BS degree or relevant experience
- Cold calling; making multiple outbound calls to potential clients
- Understanding client needs and offering solutions and support
- Researching potential leads from business directories, web searches, or digital resources
- Qualifying leads from digital campaigns, conferences, references, trade shows, etc.
- Creating and maintaining a list/database of prospect clients
- Presenting and delivering information to potential clients
- Answering potential client questions and follow-up call questions
- Working with sales team when closing sale
- Tracking weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance and sales metrics
- Building pipelines with channel partners and team members to close sales
- Maintaining database (CRM) of prospective client information
- Closing sales and working with client through closing process